Easy Dinner Meals
This informative article features some easy dinner meals for those people who really don’t have time in our busy days to spend hours in the kitchen. First are featured some dinner meals that were easy for families followed by easy dessert recipes to top it off!
What are some easy dinner meals for families?
To begin, remember that the main time of the day is family dinner time and cooking an easy-to-prepare meal is half the battle. Which of these recipes interest you?
Wagon Wheel Beef Soup (10 portions)
2 1/4 cups (6 ounces) uncooked wagon wheel pasta
3/4 pound ground round
1 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium)
3 cups low fat spaghetti sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
2 (14-oz) cans less-sodium beef broth
1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added kidney beans, undrained
– Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
– Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray; area over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and meat; cook over medium heat until meat is browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain.
– Return meat mixture to pan; add cooked pasta and remaining ingredients. Cook 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Mini Chicken Pot Pies (4 portions)
1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
2 teaspoons unsalted butter
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 tbs all purpose flour
2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cups shredded left over chicken
2 cups left over roasted root vegetables, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 fresh sage leaves
1 large egg white, whipped
– Preheat oven to 425Adeg. Keep pastry chilled and covered.
Add the milk in a slow stream while whisking continuously; bring the mixture to a simmer. Stir in next 6 ingredients (through pepper).
Top bowls with pastry, pressing against the outside edge of the bowls to seal. Put a sage leaf in addition to pastry, and brush with egg white.
Easy Meatless Manicotti (7 servings)
2 cups (8 oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
1 (16-oz) carton fat free cottage cheese
1 (10-oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 (8-oz) package manicotti (14 shells)
1 (26-ounce) jar fat-free tomato-basil pasta sauce
1 cup water
– Join 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, cottage cheese, and the next 5 ingredients (through black pepper) in a medium bowl. Spoon about 3 tablespoons cheese mixture into each uncooked manicotti. Pour half of tomato-basil pasta sauce into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange filled shells in one layer over sauce, and top together with the remaining sauce. Pour 1 cup water into dish. Scatter the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella evenly over sauce. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 375Adeg for 1 hour or until shells are soft. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
What are some easy dessert recipes to ensure your family gets a balanced and nutritious meal, and to finish your dinner?
To follow whichever of the easy dinner meals you decide to prepare, think about preparing one of these no-cook desserts using Shakeology as the base ingredient. Shakeology is a powdered whole food and complete nutrition mix which can be used in an array of dessert recipes. It is a great improvement to your everyday diet, as it provides you with the important vitamins.
Shakeology No-Bake Cookies
1 cup Chocolate Shakeology powder
1 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup oatmeal (fast)
1/3 to 1/2 cup honey or agave nectar (to taste)
Join ingredients in bowl. Blend well.
Elective: Roll balls in crushed nuts, oatmeal mixed with unsweetened coconut flakes, graham cracker crumbs, or a tiny cinnamon.
Key Lime Shakeology Pie (8 portions)
2 scoops Greenberry Shakeology
1 container tofu, silken company (approx. 12 oz.)
Juice of TWO limes
1 Tablespoon. sugar-free lime Jell OA(registered company) mix
2 Tbsp. orange juice
1/3 less Fat Miniature
1 premade whole-grain graham pie crust
Place tofu, Greenberry Shakeology, Jell O, lime juice, cream cheese, and orange juice in blender; blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into pie crust and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.
Shakeology Pudding (2-4 servings)
1 Â½ helpings Chocolate Shakeology
1 ripe avocado
1 large ripe banana
1 cup milk of your choice (almond milk is recommended)
1 teaspoon. lemon juice
Blend until smooth. Pour into individual dishes, pie crust, or frozen-soda sorts. Garnish with a dab of the lowfat.
I love socializing with my readers. I have composed lots of articles for multiple websites. In case you’d like to check another one of my articles out feel free to visit my site. There are a lot of posts with a wide array of issues around fitness and health there from multiple authors. Thanks for reading and I hope you have a fantastic day!